Sunday, May 1, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #15



                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I want a sober mind,
A self-renouncing will,
That tramples down and casts behind
The baits of pleasing ill;
A spirit still prepared,
And armed with jealous care,
Forever standing on its guard,
And watching unto prayer.
C. WESLEY.

"What's done is done."

Well, my worst fears have been realized this week regarding my Fmla paperwork. I called them to check on the status of my claim and guess what? They never received my paperwork! No kidding! Why am I not surprised? I mean, they seem to have a problem receiving paperwork on the first, second or third try. One of my least favorite people to deal with, these fmla folks. I don't know how these people sleep at night with all the havoc they cause. 

I didn't take the news very well.  Actually, I lost it and had a meltdown as if I was four years old. I wailed, wailed and wailed all the way to work. How I didn't have an accident, I don't know. Some point at work, I received  a text from Emily.

"This morning a woman I know told me she was ready for whatever God wanted to throw her way, because her faith is strong. Two hours later, she's having a meltdown in the car. What's done is done, mom."

Epic fail, I guess. Immediately my first thought was of Peter. Here I wanted to be Job and ended up becoming Peter. Yes, what is done is done. There is nothing I can do to change it, I can only move forward. I faxed over the same paperwork yet again hoping that this time it will make it to it's destination.

I couldn't wait to get home. I had plans for the weekend of some deep cleaning in the kitchen like the stove top and any other last minute errands. When I finally walked in that night, it was to discover all was done for me already by Emily. The house smelled and looked wonderful. The groceries bought and put away. A plate of homemade pretzels laid on the kitchen table. 

Looking around, I realized this weekend would be all about relaxing and leisure. Everything was done for me. Happy Sabbath everyone.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...