Thursday, October 31, 2013

People Passing By

I see life as a huge living room with many doors  and the different people we encounter in our lifetime , come through those doors . Some of them actually stay for a while and others pass through quickly , barely making themselves known to us . 

It hurts though , that people can't just stay . I look at my mom's friendships that she has known her entire life and wonder why mine are always shifting . Mine are either leaving or entering , but rarely do they stay for the long haul like hers do . 

Why is that ? Am I doing something wrong to prevent this from happening ? Do I not possess the ability to allow the right people the right of passage in my life ? There must be something that I'm not doing correctly . 

In the past , whenever I make any kind of comment to Emily , rather it may be regarding the messy apartment or not enough time to do  anything . . . . . whatever . Her usual comment  to me happens to be  : 

Mom , we're out there living life . 

That may be the reason why . In our parent's time , things were a lot different . People stayed in the same house , in the same neighborhood and in the same job throughout their life . After the war , I believe that people were looking for normalcy and 
calmness and that affected their relationships and how they dealt with others . 

Things are so different now . We rarely live in the same house or apartment for a long period of time . We travel from different states and work in many places throughout our life . We stay in contact mostly with our friends via the different social medias out there rather than actually meeting in person . We are just too busy . 

I find I miss a lot of my friends . I miss the times we've shared and the long chats over a cup of coffee . What saddens me even more , the long gaps of communication until we hear from each other . I am also to blame for the " too busy right now " response we give each other . Sometimes we just need to make the time . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...