Saturday, May 28, 2016

A Breakfast Routine

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I'm not a big breakfast person. I can't jump out of bed and eat right away like a lot of people. I'm more of a brunch eater than breakfast. Even when I make myself something to eat, it will sit on the plate until around 10 a.m. or so. 

Emily, on the other hand, prepares a meal. I'm always amazed at her ability to create a fabulous meal no matter if she is the only one eating or not. People don't usually spend time cooking if it's just for themselves. Why not just pop in a baked potato or make a sandwich? For breakfast it may only consist of cereal. 

Not Emily. Every morning, I stumble into the kitchen to make my coffee. Lo and behold, a tasty morsel awaits my presence. A zucchini frittata or perhaps eggs in a basket. An aroma of homemade pancakes or waffles fill the air. Even her oatmeal tastes delicious whereas mine is lumpy and simple. How does she do it?

You know, I eat really well with her around. What am I going to do when she moves onward in life? It will be bowls of cereal, baked potatoes and ramen noodles for me. 

Joey is the same as Emily. They both love to cook and are pretty darn good at it. Where the heck did they get that talent from? Certainly not from me!

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...