Monday, May 23, 2016

Simply A Minimalist

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                        everyday is a journey

Minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it. It requires a conscious decision because it is a counter cultural lifestyle that stands against the culture of over consumption that surrounds us.


The world we live in is not friendly to the pursuit of minimalism. Its tendencies and relentless advertising campaigns call us to acquire more, better, faster, and newer. The journey of finding simplicity requires consistent inspiration.
Becoming A Minimalist 

 As all of you know, I have a huge passion brewing for Tiny Living. As everyone else approaching retirement, I really looked at my finances and tried to figure out how to stretch them as much as possible. Once I retire, I don't want to be worried aimlessly about money. I don't even want to do that now let alone in my retirement. I think we spend way too much time worrying about money. 

I asked myself: What am I looking for in retirement? What are some of the things that are important to me? How has my life changed  and will continue to change in the years to come? What do I absolutely need to have and what I don't need? Most importantly, how do I view my retirement? Will my health be affected?

My main goal is to spend my retirement working within the realms of my Ministries something I truly enjoy doing. It would be upsetting if my health prevented me from my servitude. Lately, I've been desiring a balcony so I could sit outside to enjoy the beautiful sunshine filled Summer days. Maybe in my next place?

It seems that the older I become, the less I need to keep me happy. Maybe I've realized that things cannot keep you satisfied nor fulfilled. Materialism is a short lived happiness. Even now, I'm still downsizing in areas that I've already gone through. Staring at my closet this morning, I was able to donate even more clothes than before. What can you give?

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...