Sunday, May 8, 2016

Simply Tea Time

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                        everyday is a journey.

We love tea in this household. There is something so calming, purifying and comforting drinking tea. We have a collection to be proud of with variations of flavors and brands. We love us some tea. 

Here are the top 10 health benefits of tea.
  • Tea contains antioxidants.
  • Tea has less caffeine than coffee.
  • Tea may reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke.
  • Tea may help with weight loss.
  • Tea may help protect your bones.
  • Tea may keep your smile bright.
  • Tea may boost the immune system.
  • Tea may help battle cancer.

10 health benefits of drinking tea - TODAY.com

 

 When I was a little girl, one of my favorite memories involved visiting a  dear friend of my mom's. Upon our visit she would lay out a coffee or tea tray with  a plate of sweets. That sweet could be cake or cookies. It didn't matter, because either way, we had a proper British Tea Time. And my love affair with both things British and tea continues to this day.  

 Now Joey never quite got the hang of tea, but Emily simply adores it. As a matter of fact, as she blossomed into a tween and puberty took over, she began drinking green tea and hasn't stopped to this day. Her body has become so accustomed to her daily intake of green tea that she feels out of sorts without it. 


 My goal would be to drink tea only, but I still enjoy rather two large cups of coffee in the morning. There are certain exceptions when I may want to pull an all-nighter and I will drink more coffee. Unlike tea, coffee doesn't have any benefits. More likely the opposite is true. 

Maybe, now that I'll be in recovery for quite awhile, I can take the time to wean myself away from the java addiction. Something to think about. 


Have a Blessed day everyone.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...