Monday, May 9, 2016

My Dream

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

It's Saturday night and what am I doing? I'm settled into my comfy chair, my crocheting basket full of yarn on one side. A cup of coffee and a glass of wine on the other. What am I watching? I'm on YouTube watching an endless marathon of Tiny House videos. I couldn't be happier.

Oh, how I would love to own one. I could retire, buy one and settle somewhere quiet far away from the city. It doesn't matter to me what it looks like inside as long as there are stairs instead of a ladder. I could put my own flair into it making it mine. Everyone names their Tiny House. I would call mine KROLCHET.

People laugh at me when I tell them I want to live in a small space like the Tiny House. You'll never fit all your stuff. Really? I have no problem leaving everything in my apartment and walking out with a few boxes. All I would take would be 4 cups, 4 glasses, 4 plates etc. My main concern would be my books and my yarn. Imagine moving with only what is in your car. How great would that be?

Besides, how much stuff do we really need? When I was a young woman, I loved grand things. I loved collecting things. I think it made me feel accomplished that I could own all these things all on my own. I don't need that affirmation at this stage of my life.

Right now, it's just not possible for me to live out this dream. I'm always looking for an escape route to run away from society. God has other plans for me. He wants me in society. Emily laughs whenever I say this out loud, because she claims I like to be busy and that involves people. According to her, I will not be satisfied living alone. I need to be active.

So okay, she's right, but I can still live in a Tiny House and be active in all my hobbies/ministries. I just need to get there first. For now, I can only watch them on YouTube and dream. 

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...