Monday, May 16, 2016

The Entire Time

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                   everyday is a journey.


Be still, my soul!--the Lord is on thy side;
    Bear patiently the cross of grief and pain;
  Leave to thy God to order and provide,--
    In every change He faithful will remain.
HYMNS FROM THE LAND OF LUTHER.

You know, I love being a mom of adult children. I love to see that change happen where suddenly they become the caregivers. It's the progression of life and lovely to experience.

The entire time regarding my surgery, the during and the recovery, they took over. One of my favorite scenes is that of Joey sitting beside me before surgery, sneaking in a mozzarella cheese stick for himself as they prepped me. So totally him! Then there is Emily giving me blood thinner shots twice daily without a qualm. Me? I almost fainted when they told me what I would have to do myself at home. Thank heavens for my children!

I guess, I consider it amazing that they even want to be in my company. Children have a natural desire to take care of their parents or at least they should, but it's only natural for them to go live out their lives, leaving their parents behind. 

This entire time that I'm home, I realized how incredibly serene and quiet my surroundings are every morning. The children are still in school and adults at work, so the building and streets are quiet. Perfect for recovery.

Everyone has been extremely caring and forthcoming in their offering of help. Their generosity touching our hearts. There is nothing in the world that means more to us than knowing people love us. Their offering of grocery shopping, another meal being delivered to our house tonight and constant small gift giving pouring out from every direction. How can we ever thank everyone? 

So how is my recovery? The same as last time, nine years ago, I am loved and I feel loved. Thank you everyone for all you do for us. Have a Blessed day everyone. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...