Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #18

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                        everyday is a journey.

As weeks go, this wasn't such a bad one. A lot has happened during this week. My staples came out last Tuesday and it wasn't too painful. We did have a discussion as to the next steps in my recovery. Although they were unexpected, I can and will deal with whatever is thrown my way. Now, I wish my fmla paperwork went as well as my health recovery, but that is another story for another day!

It was also a week for celebrations! Three of my family members celebrated a life event called Graduation. My great-niece Destiny graduated from High School (a whole year early), my grandson Tim from 8th Grade and my niece Brianna from kindergarten. Growing up, these little buggers, growing up!

We did also have a death in the family. Maybe not in the intermediate family, but a death it was. I consider everyone a family member no matter how distant the relation may be or if it is an in-law. We all are family. My godson's brother-in-law passed away at the tender age of forty. Death is not easy, especially when it's a young person. 

The weather, on the other hand, played out in the same fashion as all the events of the week. There was sunshine and there were storms. Isn't that how life plays out? The good right along with the bad?

My highlight of the week was Church. Since my staples came out I was able to finally go to Church. Talk about feeling emotional! I literally wept the entire time. I didn't realize how much I missed Church or how much I needed Church until I walked inside. When the Pastor called for an altar call, I didn't even hesitate, something I haven't done in years!

Last week, I didn't realize how much I've been holding in that needed to be released. As this week begins anew, I'm finding out just how true that statement really has become. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...