Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Morning After

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

As usual, my mind lives in a fantasy world rather than reality. All these plans I've made in my mind regarding the hospital stay, quickly dissolved. I didn't do any of it. 

My roommate left in a matter of hours since my moving in and another quickly replaced her right in the middle of the night. This poor girl wailed and I mean wailed uncontrollably the entire night. In fact, the whole time I was there she sobbed, threw fits of anger and loved to slam things like doors. She was all of 22 years. 

At first, I was extremely concerned for her, thinking she must be in terrible pain. By the time the second day rolled around, I wondered if the pain was real or mental. And so did her staff. Joey even prayed over her.

I had no rest at all during my hospital stay. Besides the girl's constant wailing, I had visitors. The staff kept coming in taking vitals, giving medications and doctors made their daily rotation. There was no lull in between. The nights were the worst I think, because of my roommate. I secretly wished she would go home so I could have some peace. So selfish, I know. I just wanted a good nights rest. In the end , I went home before she did. I still think of her and pray for her. 

The rest did come, but only when I arrived home. I hope all of you have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...