Friday, May 13, 2016

The Routine

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I have struggled since arriving home for some sort of routine to occur to no avail. I knew that the recovery would take some time, but I expected to be able to maintain some sort of routine flow. Some sort of work. Instead, nothing.

I can barely move, which is expected. I'm in pain, nothing new here. I knew I would be sore, slow and tired. What I didn't account for was the lack of accomplishment of any sort. Now, I'm not expecting to be a regular energizer bunny, but at least crochet or write a bit.

Instead, I'm way too tired to do anything. I think I have watched all there is to watch On Demand and Netfix. I am not used to be so inactive. Part of it is the medication and the other part of course, happens to be the surgery. 

My taste buds have not been the same, finding food unappealing. Of course, I realize the importance of eating, often opting for juices or small intake of food as long as I am partaking something.

All this is due to my medication. I'm taking painkillers, one every fours hours and another every six hours. Two shots of a blood thinner, one in the morning and one at night. I also have to take a daily dosage of a stool softener prescribed by my doctor, because of the medication. My staples won't be removed until another 10 days or so. My stomach feels swollen, bloated and irritatingly itchy. I'm healing slow and steady. 

This morning, I awakened a little sore since my night was spent tossing and turning. I resolved to actually do something today, even a little crocheting. Anything to help me feel productive. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...