Friday, May 27, 2016

T.G.I.F.


                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                        everyday is a journey.


Thrice blest will all our blessings be,
  When we can look through them to Thee;
  When each glad heart its tribute pays
  Of love and gratitude and praise.
JANE COTTERILL.

Thank God it's Friday! 

We see that plastered all over social media every Friday morning. Heck, I was one of those people. Right before my surgery, I came across one of those posts declaring T.G.I.F. on Facebook. Nothing new or outstanding about it. What struck me as funny in regards to it was the person posting it. They were a stay at home individual. 

I've always associated T.G.I.F. with the work week, so don't get upset with me right away. The first thing that popped into my head was what could have happened to this person during the week for them to be so happy it was Friday? I mean, we've all had rough weeks at work, right? We couldn't wait for the weekend so we could relax at home, but this person was already at home. 

What could be so special about the weekend to a person who stays at home all week?

I didn't realize until I became that person. There is something about staying at home that feels so isolating from the world. It didn't matter if I had a huge pile of things to do, there would be a day or two that unrest would fill my heart. An uneasiness would follow me closely for the remainder of that day. 

I could almost understand a need for the week to be over. Yet, what makes the weekend different for those of us who are home? Well, there could be events scheduled with family and friends. Our partners or roommates are home all day with us. There are more things to do on the weekend or look forward to that involves being with the public like doing grocery shopping or Church.

Most importantly, there is a change in the monotony of the everyday.  I mean, I wake up basically at the same time everyday. I automatically make coffee first while taking a shower. I pour my cup of coffee and head to my computer. I may crochet or write stories or read e-mails or read a book. I take a nap, look outside, wash a cup or two and start on supper before Emily gets home. Every single day!

So in a way, I'm eating my words. I look forward to the weekend so I could stay up all night watching movies (cable is better on the weekend) and sleep in late the next day. It's not like I have to get up early for work!

Have a Blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...