Friday, August 31, 2012

Phil's Friends

     Running out this morning to Walgreen's for a desperate need of coffee , I almost tripped over an U.P.S. box by my door . I stopped suddenly . This was an ordinary corrugate box BUT it had hand drawn in crayon a  large butterfly , a rabbit , a doggie and a frog . How creative , I thought to myself . Who sent this ? Looking at the address I see it 's from Phil's Friends . Who is that ? Never heard of them . Thinking it was yarn from someone , I dropped it off at home and continued to Walgreen's for my Hill Bros. Silk .
  Upon arriving home with coffee in toll , I walk into the kitchen and see Emily standing  and smiling up at me . She's been keeping a secret ! Pointing to the box , she tells me to open it up .
   Inside , there is a beautiful totebag filled with all sorts of goodies . It's an overnight bag or chemo treatment bag for cancer patients . There was inside ......
 a notepad
puzzles
a personal journal
a bible
a book
a pair of socks
a water bottle filled with markers, pens,lip balm,lotion,bracelet
blanket
scarf
a card
a Christian music CD
toothbrush
tissues
coffee
   How awesome is that ! I felt like a little kid pulling out one treasure after  another . Who did that for me ? A friend of ours who happens to volunteer at this ministry  . As I read the letter that came with the package , I found out a little more about Phil's Friends .
   Phil is a two-time cancer survivor who started this ministry to be a comfort to others who are going through their struggle . If there is someone out there who is going through cancer and you would like to have Phil's Friends send a package out to them , you can contact them at :
     Phil Zielke
     Founder & Executive Director
     Phil's Friends
     info@philsfriends.org
     1-224-653-8315
      1350 Lake Street
     Suite C
     Roselle , Il. 60172
     www.philsfriends.org
  Out of the ashes , something beautiful started to grow . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

    

2 comments:

  1. Lottie - I read this early in the day and thought what a nice thing for them to do for you and others suffering from cancer. Then, that evening, my brother called me to tell me he has lung cancer... I could not believe God's timing in using you to provide this information for me at this time. Thank you so much for your ministry to those who suffer from cancer. God is using you in ways you cannot always know... Love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that Maureen . I do hope you contact them . They also provide support and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...