Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Final Chapter

After my meltdown , my niece Kathy , asked if I would try out this new church called New Life Community Church-Mont Clare  with her . I was anxious to start moving forward and living life like everyone else . It's been a record ten whole days since my last hospitalization , so I said yes .

The preparation for Church was a problem . During these past four months I have lost over fifty pounds and I had nothing to wear . Everything would literally hang off my body . Weighing in  at around 100 lbs. , I looked more like the survivor from Auschwitz .

Looking in the mirror , I had absolutely no curves or bumps anywhere . So I did what every pre-teen girl does and stuffed my bra and underwear with washcloths for much needed curve appeal .

Sitting in the pew , I realized this past week was painfree for the first time in months . Deep gratitude washed over me like the warmth  of sunshine . Closing my eyes , I gave thanks and praise to God vowing to come back again . I've been there eversince .

Later that afternoon , chills racked my body and I felt extremely tired all of a sudden . I knew what that meant . Immediately , I grabbed my thermometer and my suspicions were confirmed . . . . another infection .

Disappointment washed over me at the thought of another setback . Back in Church earlier , I felt I was on my way for a permanent recovery . I could feel the Holy Spirit wrap his arms around me . Never did I think I would I would have a setback . Little did I know that not only would this be my last trip to the hospital , but also the shortest stay .

As the months followed , I slowly recovered . My body had to get used to alot of things like eating normally . I couldn't take in food because of lack of appetite . My mom would make these small snacks for me ( bite size pieces ) for every hour , whether it was a fruit or drink . Not only did my body need normalcy but my soul .
Have a Blessed Day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...