Friday, January 4, 2013

A Surprise Delivery

I have to be honest with all of you . Since my donation of the slippers , I have been in a quandary on whether I should continue making more or should I move on to something else . Believe me , I have been feeling a sense of loss eversince I made that trip to U.I.C. I secretly hoped that I could continue and even started making some more .

Right before Christmas , a package arrived on my doorstep . I certainly wasn't expecting anything in the mail . At first , I thought that my Joe and Aubs sent me something .

When I saw the return address , I really was surprised . It was from a dear friend I haven't seen in almost two years . The last time was at Aubrey's bridal shower . We have kept in contact with letters , but that's all . Curiousity took over my surprise and suddenly I couldn't wait to open it .

Inside the package , were different colors of yarn . She went to a thrift store with her sister and bought whatever they had in stock . I don't know if I can describe to you how shocked I was . My friend has no e-mail or facebook . She hasn't ever read my blog , nor has she even used an atm machine . How did she know about my project ?

I sat there , surrounded by all that yarn , racking my brain trying to remember when have I told her . Did I mention it in one of my letters to her ? I must have , because how else did she know . Not only that , but she has never expressed an interest in my blog or this project . In fact , we hardly ever mention my cancer .

To me , this package was a revelation from God . Here I have been asking and wondering on what I should do next . . . . . I felt God had answered me . He used an unlikely source , but the message was clear to me . Who knows where this batch will go . I've already made 18 pairs . I will continue to make them as long as God keeps sending me yarn to do so .

Let's see what He has in store for me now . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...