Monday, January 21, 2013

Part 6

I can understand in taking great care in choosing a doctor , but a hospital ? Looking back , I wish I did . I should be able to go to any hospital and expect them to provide outstanding care . Unfortunately , in reality , it's not the case .

The hospital was lacking in that department . The nurses were terrible . I would ring for assistance and wait forever for them to come by . My meds were late  every single time . The machine would run out and beep continually to no avail . I was in so much pain because they would never order my meds on time , then you have to wait an hour until they get sent up .

I would call my family , crying in pain , telling them that again the nurses haven't brought up my meds on time . They would call the desk or the doctor , complaining about the nurses taking care of me . Once , my roommate went to get a nurse  for me because she couldn't take watching me in pain anymore . This , of course , made things worse and the nurses developed an attitude  towards me .

Things were also strained with the doctors . That abcess occurred because I wasn't cleaned up correctly during my last surgery . My family demanded to know how this could have happened . Everyone pointed fingers at someone else . All I wanted was my drugs to relieve the pain .

Finally , one of my sister-in-laws , happens to be a doctor and she arranged for me to be transferred to another hospital . A  new hospital with a new doctor . I think they were glad to be rid of me .

Now , this last surgery left me with so many tubes sticking out of me that I ended up a tangled mess everytime I had to get up for the bathroom . It took the medics over an hour to untangle , unhook and hook me up again onto the gurney . Three machines were used to handle my meds , my I.V.  and my drainage . The ride to Rush Presby. Hospital ( my new haven ) was awful . I was jostled so badly in the ambulance from the bumpy road that I clenched my teeth  in pain . I couldn't wait to get into a bed with a painkiller .

By the time we finally arrived I was ready to be left alone . I was tired , full of pain and fed up with everything and everyone . The minute they set me up in bed , my new doctors came in to assess my condition . Within the hour , I fell asleep , finally pain free for the first time since my surgery . From that moment on , my road to healing began . It was the best move my family ever made for me .

Until tomorrow , have a Blessed Day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...