Sunday, January 6, 2013

Oh , Baby , Baby

As the New Year unfolds , so have thoughts of babies . That's all I think about : crocheting baby hats , baby booties , baby hair bands . You name it , I want to make it  or at least learn how to .

I'm not exactly sure if the birth of my godson's firstborn has brought these feelings out or not . My niece Kathy is also expecting . I'm in the mood for pushing a pram .

Scouring different websites for patterns , I've decided to make two sets of everything : one for Emily's  and one for Joey's future children . I'm tired of waiting for them to make that next move in their life . Now , they're on my time clock . We can call it their baby hope chests from me .
The funny thing is that I've never made anything but a baby blanket . So far , everything I'm making is coming out looking great . How can that be ? My baby hats actually made me stop and think that I should make hats for children going through chemo . Very cocky of me . Very unlike me to think I could actually pull it off , but I do have newfound  courage from my last project .

The lady that wanted my baby hat yesterday really surprised me . I find that everywhere I go people are really interested in crocheting or at least handmade items . I started thinking that maybe God was trying to tell me something . Maybe , there is something here He wants me to see and do , but what is it ?

Certainly something to pray about . Whatever happens , I know I have found something in my life that provides so much satisfaction and fills my heart to the fullest . Isn't that what it's all about ? Emily always says that her food tastes good because of the love she puts in it . Maybe , that's why my baby items are coming out good . . . . it's for my future grandchildren .
Have a Blessed Day .

2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful idea, Lottie! My mother-in-law could make anything - crochet, knit, sew - she could do it. For each of my children (4) she began making things as soon as she heard I was pregnant. When I came home from the hospital, each time, she had a huge box of baby sweaters, booties, hats, mittens, blankets - all hand made. She was such a blessing to me. My children never wore a store bought sweater while she was alive... What a memory she game me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so stoked about these baby items !

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...