Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Complicated Life

Emily and I sat in front of the computer signing into my HR account at work . Every  portal opened , required another username and password . On the desk was the notebook with all the secret passwords . Who could remember them all by heart ? Emily , rolling her eyes , exclaimed :

" You have to do all that just to get access ? "

Yes , you have to do all that . Life is complicated and all these computers are made for our lives to be simplier , but really they're not . Somehow , they seem to complicate my life even more . Maybe , if I understood them better and actually knew how to use them . . . .

Taking in her features , my heart swells with love . . . . .and pain . Life is complicated and just thinking about all she will have to endure as a woman , a mother , a wife causes my heart to ache  with pain . How can I make it easier for her ? How do I prepare her for life ?

 Emily's biggest worry ? That I won't be around to help her grow as a young woman . Won't be around to help her fill in the blanks . My worry ? It used to be  the same . A young girl needs her mother . She always jokes that I need to  write  down in a notebook all the important facts of life . That would be a BIG book .

How will I know what to do if you're not here to show me ?

I tell her : That's why women need other women , so we can help each other through this complicated life .  Our women friends will never leave you completely alone when I'm gone . They will be here . They will take over for me . They will pray for you and over you .

As mothers , that is our biggest fear . . .  .that our children will be left unprotected . Who will care for them ? Who will be there to hold them tight ?

I used to spend so much time worrying about my death . These questions would plaque me . The closer I became to God , I knew He would take care of all my worries . As long as my children seek Him to lead them , they will be just fine . It's His promise to us as His children .
Have a Blessed Week everyone and know that you are loved .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...