Sunday, January 31, 2016

Death


                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

When I was a small girl, death was a scary thought and I spent many years being afraid of it. I thought about the burial and how I didn't want to have bugs and worms eating away at me. Just the image alone sent shivers down  my spine. The things we are afraid of are usually things we just don't understand. 

As I grew older, I placed death on a shelf. I mean, everyone in my family lived well into their nineties, why should I even think about it now? When my second child died from SIDS, I rationalized that this was "my cross to bear" in life. When my fourth child died of complications from Spinal Bifida, I became angry with God over death. Isn't it the old to die, not the young?

It wasn't until my bout with cancer in 2007 that I finally made peace with death. Here I was, a middle aged woman of 42 finally dealing with life ever after. I realized there are no guaranties to how long one lives. It didn't matter that my ancestors lived until 95 yrs., I most definitely will not. 

Death became my friend, because in it, I would be born again into a new life. I didn't look at it as the end, but a beginning. All because I believe in Jesus and the Cross. When I close my eyes, I can imagine what it will be like. Am I afraid? Absolutely! We are always afraid of the unknown, but I won't be alone. 

Where is your faith? So many of us are walking around, stumbling  to find our way. So many that believe in nothing. I cannot even imagine not having that lifeline to cling to in my dire need. So I ask you once again, where are you when it comes to God? Are you at peace? It doesn't take much. It all starts with a conversation. Lord, I need you. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...