Monday, January 18, 2016

The Written Page

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.
It is not only in the rose,
It is not only in the bird,
Not only where the rainbow glows,
Nor in the song of woman heard,
But in the darkest, meanest things
There alway, alway something sings.
'Tis not in the high stars alone,
Nor in the cup of budding flowers,
Nor in the redbreast's mellow tone,
Nor in the bow that smiles in showers,
But in the mud and scum of things
There alway, alway something sings.
—Ralph Waldo Emerson

In  my Freshman year in High School, I fell in love with Literature. Suddenly, all I wanted was to read, read, and read. It didn't matter if it was mystery, thriller, romance or poetry. I loved it all. My love of the written word has expanded into actually writing itself. I find it hard to believe that I've had this blog for four years now. It seems such a long time.

For awhile there, I felt like my writing muse has left me. No matter what I wrote, it didn't feel right. I have found that my writing is influenced by many things. It seems I have a writing schedule where my senses are more in line and alert allowing the juices to flow beautifully. If I miss that window of opportunity (by sleeping in or an appointment) it's gone. 

Another factor happens to be my energy levels. I need to be sitting at my desk, ready to go. If I'm tired or the mood has been depressing for whatever reason, it's gone. I've always worked better in the mornings or very late nights. Lately, I try to save one morning over the weekend where I devote to my writing. 

People would be very surprised if they knew how long it actually takes to write a post. I can understand why authors go away to their hideaways in the mountains living a recluse lifestyle until their books are done. Which leads me to another influence . . . .interruptions. Nothing can kill your story line faster than the phone ringing or the constant chatter of my roommate. And this is just a little blog!

So as I go back into my writing zone, I hope you have an excellent day following your God given, driven dream! 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...