Thursday, January 7, 2016

Simply Jewelry


                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

God of our fathers, known of old,
Lord of our far-flung battle line,
Beneath whose awful hand we hold
Dominion over palm and pine:
Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget--lest we forget!
For heathen heart that puts her trust
In reeking tube and iron shard;
All valiant dust that builds on dust,
And guarding calls not thee to guard:
For frantic boast and foolish word,
Thy mercy on thy people, Lord! Amen.
--Rudyard Kipling.

 So in my goal of minimizing one thing a week, I began to wonder where I should start. It's always the beginning that is the hardest, that first initial get up and go mentality. I decided to tackle my bedroom first, because I have more clutter here than in any other room. 

First, it's a very small bedroom where I have a daybed, a desk, a small shelf for yarn, elliptical machine and a small plastic 3 drawer storage container. Believe me, it can become clutter-like quick.

One thing I have learned in my research of tiny living is all things need to have a multi purpose. So when I came across a large cookie tin that was pretty deep, I immediately thought of using it to store my jewelry.
I have collected quite a bit of jewelry working at Avon. Like most women, we have a lot, but not necessarily do we even wear it on a regular basis. I have never been a jewelry person, instead opting to wear it for special occasions only. In my younger days, those special occasions were very frequent (almost every weekend) so the jewelry  was worn often. Nowadays, even those occasions , I may go bare. 

I have another problem, I hate to throw out good things. It's for that reason that I have ended up with numerous make up bags and mini boxes to hold my jewelry. These are just some of these containers.
Organizing all them into one large and simple container will erase the look of clutter in this tiny space I call my bedroom. Besides, I had to throw out a few items since I found a chain that was broken, a missing earrings and a couple of bent earrings. I did separate the jewelry into baggies for easy access. 

I would love to hear what project some of you have tackled this week and how it worked out for you or not. And yes, I did throw out the  other small containers except for the wooden box. :)

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...