Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Weekend Of Rest

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together
(Psalms 34:1-3).

Wiping down the kitchen counter, my thoughts scattered with all that had to be done before my visitors came over. Visitors that I haven't planned on. Agitation quickly set in.

Today was to be my relaxing weekend. I had one appointment for my mammogram and afterwards I was free to indulge myself in total idleness. It never quite materialized.

What happened to that perfect weekend that I dreamed about during the week? All I wanted was a nice quiet time at home with my Pj's, enjoying the things I love to do. It just didn't happen.

There are times that I feel inadequate as a leader. And selfish. I feel tired, burned out and mentally drained. Trying to accommodate everyone's likes and dislikes can be a real handful. I think of Joey as a Pastor and I cannot even imagine his stress levels on a daily basis. How does he unwind? Where does he go to de-stress?

Let's be honest here. Where did these feelings materialize? It only takes one fail or a setback to allow the devil to seep into my brain with negativity as to whom I am as a daughter, mother, worker etc. Why do I allow these thoughts to grow? 

" Be still and know I am God."

This verse has served me well again and again. Thank goodness for His loving embrace in my need for comfort. Be still my mind. Be still my heart. Just be still.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...