Sunday, January 3, 2016

At A Loss

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

This is the first week for a couple of months now, where we have no appointments whatsoever. It feels so weird to me and yet very comforting. Oh, how we search for the normalcy of life. Could it finally be back? After spending a very hectic year, it is a blessing to see and feel the calm.

The same could be said of all the construction we have been living in for almost three years. I do believe they are finally done . . . or at least in this section of where we live. It almost seems too good to be true. It does look lovely, all new and minus any potholes.

I have spent the last couple of days co-mingling with my  writing muse trying desperately to renew our friendship. I think it might be working. Although, I've had to delete quite a lot of my writing projects. They weren't coming out the way I expected and perhaps a new direction is needed. 

My crocheting hasn't fared better. These past two months have been my lowest production output. One personal project, I have unraveled four times now and once again, I'm starting over.How symbolic for this time of the year!

So here I am, a mini holiday vacation and I'm at a loss at how relaxing and easygoing it has been. We are consumed by the busyness of our daily life to the point where we have no idea on how to relax. Sitting here, watching my murder mysteries and crocheting, I almost feel guilty for not really accomplishing anything. 

Times like these are few and far between, so let's take full advantage and enjoy them. Turn off that alarm clock and snuggle under the covers a little longer. Put on your comfy clothes that don't match and dig into a homemade funnel cake for lunch. It's okay. Sometimes rules are meant to be broken. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...