Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Fast


                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


The night is mother of the day,
The winter of the spring;
And ever upon old decay
The greenest mosses cling.
Behind the cloud the starlight lurks,
Through showers the sunbeams fall;
For God, who loveth all his works,
Has left his hope with all.
--John Greenleaf Whittier.

Here we are in January once again, ready to start this new beginning  that God provides for us. Emily and I always began with a Fast. It's something that our Church has done for years (21 days long) except we like to Fast for the entire month. 

Our Fasts have varied over the years. We began with the usual (21 days) of fruit and veggies only. We even tried juicing once and we've done the no social media Fast. I believe that last year I did the no sugar Fast and that was hard. This time, I really wanted to go beyond the usual. I thought about this Fast seriously, because I wanted to stretch myself beyond my comfort level. 

What would be hard for me to give up?

Not many of you know  that I play a lot of Facebook games ( 4 to be exact) on a daily basis. Now, it's not all day long, but a few hours here and there. It relaxes me and exercises my mind. What are they? It's my Flower Shop, Candy Crush, Candy Soda and Farm Up. I've given them up for the entire month. 

Instead, I'm planning on doing a couple of online Bible studies (more on that later), going through my daily devotionals and continue with my writing. I want to turn my focus away from the social media (television, games etc) and more on what I call my hobbies as I mentioned above. 

There are things that I have wanted to accomplish, but due to the lack of time available they have been placed on the back burner. I would love to start achieving some of these goals. I will begin with this Fast and then let's see what happens at the end of the month. Hopefully, I will be able to refocus my attention on my writing, my Ministry  and revitalize my relationship with God. 

My goal for this year is to stay on the path that God wants me to be on. May everything I say or do be a reflection of Jesus living in me. Let His will be done. 

It all begins with this Fast. Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...