Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Fast 2

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

January has always been the month where Christian Churches embark on a Fast for the New Year. Majority of them, that is. It's no wonder that I have come across, during one of my devotionals, the following questions one can reflect on. 

Please answer these questions every day during the fast:

1) What stands out from the passage today?

2) How is your spiritual appetite growing?

3) What is God telling you during the fast?

4) What areas of your life need to change?

5) What assignments has God given you today for His glory?

6) Who needs your prayers now?

7) What insights is God revealing about your focus and goals in 2016?

So how is my Fast coming along? Pretty darn good. I'm ashamed to say that I must have spent a lot more time on my game playing than I have realized. I find that I have no reason to go on Facebook anymore and a lot more time available.

Every morning, I go on to my Crocheting page and make necessary updates. That is the extent of my Facebook exploration. Even the television doesn't hold much appeal to me any longer. I rarely turn it on, mostly on the weekends for Masterpiece Theater. 

I've been thinking that when my Fast ends, that perhaps I should continue  with the routine I have set for myself right now, saving the game playing for nighttime when I come home from work. I never go to sleep directly upon arriving home. There is that hour or two that I stay up doing really nothing useful at all. Insert my game playing right in that spot. We'll see what happens. 

Otherwise, things are going pretty well. I'm writing more, reading more, participating in an on-line bible study and listening to my devotionals daily. I'm trying to adjust my schedule for a more effective routine with a satisfying outcome. That's all I can ask for. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...