Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Questions Anyone?

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

But you don't look like you have cancer?
I hear this all the time. When people think of cancer, they think of someone who is completely bald, extremely thin, palefaced and with a sickly appearance. If you do see a patient with these symptoms, trust me, they are severely ill. 

The average cancer patient looks like the person sitting next to you. Cancer treatment has come a long way and no longer does that mean we lose our hair. It all depends on the type of chemotherapy that is administered to us. Treatment also comes in different forms. It could be in pill form or the basic infusion. I'm sure there are plenty others that I am not even aware of at the moment. 

Cancer's image has certainly been changing over the years with the focus more on the individual than on the type of cancer. We all react differently depending on the treatment, diet, genetics etc. The list is endless and quality of life is extremely important to us. 

But your skin, your face is glowing. 
 Another one I hear constantly. I have no idea why that happens, but for some reason, my skin  looks healthy while I'm in treatment. One could say it is the hormone treatment, but the same has been said while during an infusion. I cannot explain it. All I can say, that it might be a combination of things. 
For instance:
fruit and veggies
fresh and organic ingredients
homemade meals
 regular routine doctor visits
living as stress free as possible
spiritual fulfillment and satisfaction
positive attitude
keeping physically and mentally active 
drinking excessive amounts of water
red wine

Just to name a few. This life I am living is very important to me. I definitely don't intend on wasting it. Taking care of my health is vital in prolonging my time here. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will try to answer the best I can. In the meantime, Have a Blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...