Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Simply Medicine

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journal.

For my next project, I decided to tackle my three drawer plastic cabinet in my bedroom. The first drawer is

for makeup; The second drawer is for medicine and the third drawer is for washcloths/dishtowels. The first and third drawers are pretty well organized, but the medicine one is a total mess. One can barely close it without jamming one thing or another. All the band-aids and contents of medicine packages spilling over into the drawer. 


                                           before

Believe me, the last thing I wanted to do is clean it out. The more I pulled out, the more it looked like a mess underneath. I might need a whole package of baggies to sort things out. I even found a broken thermometer and countless of wrappers from cough drops/band-aid wrappers/used plastic medicine tabs. 

               
 I found things such as masks, adhesive removal cream, bandages. Things I haven't seen nor used since my early days with cancer. Who knew all that could fit into that little drawer?


                             after

I have to admit that my mood was not in it at all. The last thing I wanted to do is clean anything, but I did want to stay focused on my goals for the year. A small drawer that held an entire small wastebasket  full of garbage. It was finished. I was happy. Such a small task, but an accomplishment all the same.






We have to take our victories and celebrate them, no matter how small they may be.

Have a Blessed day everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...