Sunday, January 10, 2016

2016 And Beyond

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

A new beginning has been on my mind the entire Holiday Season. My mind keeps drifting off examining what I need in my life, not what I may actually want. There's a huge difference in the two. Remember that my main goal is to walk in the path that God has planned for me. That may involve a plan that I hadn't thought of or necessarily may desire. Hence, my deep concentration levels on that subject. 

So what am I looking for this year? 

1. For one thing, I think it's time we began saving for a new car. That doesn't mean we are buying one, just that we need to prepare ourselves financially for that expense. The vehicle I do have happens to be quite old and pretty soon, it will completely die a horrible death. 

2. We have been contemplating moving to a new place. Originally, we believed that my work would eventually close shop and we would move closer to Joey's. Our goal has always been to be closer to one another where we can see each other more frequently. This has changed since my company has been bought out by a third party. 

Our next thought was that perhaps we will move to a newer and slightly bigger apartment. I say bigger, because our place is smaller than what is out there in this neighborhood. There may not be extra rooms, but they are larger in size than ours. There are many pros and cons on this subject which we will talk about at a later date. Of course, all of this depends on what happens with my job situation.

3. I really would love to expand my writing into various other projects that I've had to place on the back burner due to lack of time. I've always felt like I had two ministries: my crocheting and my writing. Last year, both of these ministries suffered or at least I feel like they did. I would love for two things to happen in both of these areas. 

Writing: I hope I have the extra time that I need to finish these projects by using better organization skills in delegating the assigned tasks. Writing has a very short window, if there are interruptions, that window can close pretty quickly. 

Crocheting: I have some wonderful ladies in our group who are faithful to the very core, but I would love to have a right hand person to take over when I'm not able to. Right now, we have an open door policy where the ladies show up when  and if they want to our monthly gatherings. There are times it is a full house and others only one or two. That is fine, except that I can never take advantage of the policy for myself. If one of the ladies would step in and host a gathering, it would be wonderful. I'm looking for that right hand assistant. 

4. My last goal for this year is to learn to relax, minimize, linger and forgive myself if I cannot complete any of the above. I am my worst enemy with all these high expectations that I set for myself. Some of these goals are not realistic. I have to learn to unwind and just do nothing once in a while. It's a lot harder than it may sound when one is such a multitasking person as myself. 

No matter what this year holds for all of us, we have to learn to adapt, accept  and forgive ourselves. Life is too short, my friends. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...