Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Love Of God


                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I'm always on the lookout for poetry that resembles my love for God. Now, I may not be an evangelist with the gift of gab when it comes to Praise and Worship of Our Heavenly Father. But . . . . I love to belt out a good song regardless of what my voice may sound like. The same goes for poetry.  I'm so glad there are people who have that amazing talent of forming words to describe our love for Our God. I hope you enjoy this blessed Sabbath day.


The Love of God

“At first I prayed for light; could I but see the way,
How gladly would I walk to everlasting day!
I asked the world’s deep law before my eyes to open,
And let me see my prayer fulfilled, and realize my devotion.
But God was kinder than my prayer,
And darkness veiled me everywhere.

And next I asked for strength, that I might tread the road
With firm, unfaltering pace to heaven’s serene abode;
That I might never know a faltering, failing heart,
But go on and reach the highest part.
But God was kinder than my prayer,
And weakness checked me everywhere.

And then I asked for faith; could I but trust my God,
I’d live in heavenly peace, though foes were all abroad.
His light thus shining round, no faltering should I know;
And faith in heaven above would make a heaven below.
But God was kinder than my prayer
And doubts beset me everywhere.

And now I pray for love, deep love to God and man,
A love that will not fail, however dark His plan;
That sees all life in Him, rejoicing in His power,
And faithful, though the darkest clouds of gloom
and doubt may lower.
And God is kinder than my prayer;
 Love fills and blesses everywhere.”

Edward D. Cheney

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...