Monday, February 1, 2016

Mellowing Out

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Shall I hold on with both hands to every paltry possession? All I have teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson.

As January enters the end of the month, I find myself embracing the new schedule that I've created unbeknownst to myself. There is something very different about this schedule from all the others. This one involves my well-being and not about productivity. I still get my work done, just on a more leisurely based tempo.

For instance, I take the time to relax and rest. Yesterday was one of those type of days. I felt sluggish and had no energy, so I sat around on the couch watching old movies and crocheting. That was the entire highlight of my day. The old me would feel guilt for the lack of productivity, but no more. 

Remember my lingering statement? Well, all of this goes hand in hand with it. All this rushing around does no one any good. It would leave me feeling horrible about myself, because of the extremely high and unattainable goals that I've set for myself. There is no way that any of us can run on empty. Yet, we constantly try.

We seem to measure our successes by our excesses. We place more importance on how many achievements we have collected than where we are spiritually. It's always about things rather than the things we cannot see, but feel. We really need to change that way of thinking. 

Have a Blessed day everyone and don't forget to take a break.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...