Monday, January 11, 2016

Calendar Days



                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


God of the Impossible
“O God of the impossible!
Since all things are to Thee
But soil in which Omnipotence
Can work almightily,
Each trial may to us become
The means that will display
How o’er what seems impossible
Our God hath perfect sway!
The very storms that beat upon
Our little bark so frail,
But manifest Thy power to quell
All forces that assail.
The things that are to us too hard,
The foes that are too strong,
Are just the very ones that may
Awake a triumph song.
O God of the impossible,
When we no hope can see,
Grant us the faith that still believes
All possible to Thee!”
J.H.S.

One of the most important items in our little apartment happens to be the calendar. Every Christmas vacation, one of the things we do is  fill up our calendar for the upcoming year with appointments and special occasion dates (birthdays,anniversaries). I pour over the old one, reminiscing as I scan over each month. 

If you are an organizational person such as I, a calendar is a huge and necessary piece of equipment. Believe me, getting a calendar as a gift for Christmas will be greatly appreciated around here. It's not enough for me to store all that personal information in my head, I need to see it written down. 

The same can be said of the calendar seasons in our lives. To me, life is about learning and progressing within our hearts. Some of these Seasons can be seriously painful, but we need to dig deeply peeling away all the layers until the beauty is exposed. 

That's exactly how I have been feeling lately, as if one Season has ended and another is beginning. There is a need inside of me to prepare. Now, I cannot explain that need, it's just there. That is why I want to simplify as much as I can, getting rid of the "old" and making room for the "new."

There are many ways to do that. For me, it could involve freshening up the apartment with new curtains or rearranging the furniture. We could clean out and throw out any unnecessary items. We could go through a deep and personal analysis of the relationships in our lives, past and present. Whatever that may be, it is time to see what is working and what isn't in our lives. I guess, you can say that this year will be all about the work within me.

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...