Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Simply Chipped, Broken And Mismatched

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                    everyday is a journey.


Hiding In Thee
“O safe to the Rock that is higher than I,
My soul in its conflicts and sorrows would fly;
So sinful, so weary, Thine would I be;
Thou blest, ‘Rock of Ages,’ I’m hiding in Thee.
How oft in the conflict, when pressed by the foe,
I have fled to my Refuge and breathed out my woe;
How often, when trials like sea billows roll,
Have I hidden in Thee,
O Thou Rock of my soul.
Hiding in Thee, Thou blest ‘Rock of Ages,’
I’m hiding in Thee.”
William O. Cushing

For my next project, I decided to throw out any chipped, broken or mismatched mugs, dishes and bowls. We all have them, don't we? It's always our favorite coffee mug that gets chipped that makes that cup of java taste so good.




 This was extremely difficult for me to do and not just for me, but Emily, too. We become accustomed to our things and deep inside of me there is that thing about an item having multiple uses. Remember the three R's theory? Reuse, recycle and reduce. I'm a firm believer of that. 



So with a a heavy heart, I went through my cupboards and either threw it out or donated the contents. Somehow, I was expecting all this available room and it didn't happen. Instead, I opened another jammed packed cupboard and distributed the contents into the new available spot. So my cupboards don't really look empty, maybe a little tidier.

I have noticed that all this cleaning out business has caused my trash bag to be pretty full on a consistent basis. Since we make a lot of our own food from scratch, we don't have that much garbage to throw out. 

I also need to confess that my simplification fervor has been dying out. Looking around our little apartment at the next job to tackle, I find myself growing weary. Not sure if the enormity of the next is holding me back or the fact that I am experiencing cabin fever.  I'm sure there is truth in both. 

Until next time, have a blessed day everyone.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...