Friday, January 15, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #2

                                       Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

The week began with a bang, an announcement waiting for us as we walked into work on Monday. Once again, they are eliminating the amount of people we have on second shift. Half our crew will go to first, the other will remain, all depending on our seniority and position.

For some reason, this doesn't upset me at all. Maybe that could be because majority of us have gone through this two years ago when they eliminated our third shift crew. Been there, done that. 

Will I be one of the ones leaving? I have no idea, but I am okay with it if I am. I do have the seniority, but that does mean anything. If they need me on first, they will move me. After all the struggling I have done these past two years with adjustment, I really feel comfortable with letting go of all that negativity.  I'm ready for whatever happens.

It does bring a sort of excitement to what normally would have been just another workday. Everyone is talking about new rumors of this or that. The whole manufacturing floor is abuzz with the news of who is leaving and who will be forced to go.  Plans have to be made and complaints are aired for everyone to hear. It does provide an outlet for an idle mind. 

This year, I have promised myself to really let go of the worrying about things that I cannot control. In fact, I have no control over anything besides my own impulses. My goal is to lean on God and learn to trust His promise to provide for His children. He will lead me where He wants me to go. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...