Thursday, January 28, 2016

Throwback Thursday

 
  Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Last year, not exactly sure of the time frame, my mom decided to visit Joey and his family. Upon her arrival at the Springfield Amtrak Station, Joey posts a picture of the both of them. All of a sudden, people are remarking on how incredibly beautiful not my mom, but I look with that auburn hair. That's how much I look like my mom. 

Not only do we end up resembling our mothers, but we also have the same techniques in dealing with issues like relationships, work, and our belief system. We do what we know. It always makes me smile whenever I hear a young woman make a bold declaration that she is nothing like her mom. For now, that is. She'll get there!


 Messes Of The Past

You want to know what she will look like older, look at her 
mother.
OR
You want to see what she is like, look at her mother. 

We end up being just like our mom, whether we like it or not. As young women, we set out into the world full of high hopes and dreams, vowing not to end up like our moms. We love our moms, but we will not be doormats for others to trod upon. We will be different. Our moms are too nice and forgiving and they will not stand up for themselves. Well, we will not be anything like them. 

Sounds familiar? The fact  is, we become them because our moms feel and love  us. They are not doormats, but they would do anything for us. It's only natural for us to end up like our moms since they are our first introduction into the world and into how things are done. 

Our childhoods shape how we interact with others, the relationships we will have, how we deal with our emotions and how we keep our home. 

If it's a childhood with pleasant memories or not, we go in two directions. Either we become exactly like our moms or directly the opposite. 

Many times I've visited the home of a friend's parent and  although, the style and decor may not always be similar, the housekeeping usually is the same. We learn how to cook and keep our home in order from our mom. 

There are three of us, my two brothers and I, each of us with a different approach to cleaning. My older brother is a spotless person with not a speck of dirt anywhere to be found, even though he would disagree with you regarding that fact. The rest of us are just like our mom, casual housekeepers who do the usual round of chores, but you will find dishes in the sink or a load of laundry. 

Now that my mom is living alone, her apartment is spotless, nothing out of place. That's because she is only one person and she spends one day a week making sure it stays clean. 

I often wonder, if that will happen for me. The older I become, the more I do the things that make me happy. You could say, I'm living out my dreams. The last thing I want to do is housework. Will I ever be free of the chains of housework? 

If we become our mothers, then all I have to do is look to her for that answer.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...