Monday, January 4, 2016

Simply One A Day

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

As the New Year begins, all our thoughts shift towards new goals we would like to accomplish. My goal for simplifying all areas of my life is an ongoing experience. I am constantly looking for ways to improve and gain knowledge in becoming a minimalist.

Recently, I read an article on minimizing where a couple decided to trash, donate or give away one unnecessary item a day. One item a day may seem a little extreme to a lot of us, but if we really think about it, it's very minor. Just think, it could be a pencil or a spoon. It doesn't necessarily mean huge items. 

It's also another way to tackle areas that we may find otherwise overwhelming in size. How many times have we opened a closet or drawer or took a peek in the garage at the huge and cluttered mess only to give up before beginning? One item a day sounds pretty good about now. I know that in the beginning  it may not look like anything has been done at all, but imagine in a month?

For me, I thought this may not be a realistic goal for me to achieve. In the past, I have been known to over schedule my "to do" list making it impossible to accomplish. Not this year. One of my goals is to place realistic expectations on myself. So instead of doing one a day, I'm more interested in doing one area a week.

So in the coming weeks and months, I will be posting a different area every week that I have tackled in my attempt to further my simplification lifestyle. Perhaps you would like to join me this year in finally cleaning out those areas of our lives that have been laying dormant covered in pure clutter. Looking forward to hearing from all of you all the areas you have taken on. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...