Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Be Still My Heart

I love looking out my window Sunday mornings . Probably the only time during the week where the world is still . No one is about . Everyone sleeping in or lounging about  relaxing on Sabbath morning .
 
There is something special about this time of morning , a time that one looks forward to all week . I want to be still like that , not just at home or Church , but at work , too . Why can't I incorporate some of that quiet and stillness at work ?

It seems the devil runs rampart at work  causing so much discord . You could walk in smiling but you will leave grumpy . Is it because there are so many people under one roof ? So many different faiths or none at all ? How I wish I could change that atmosphere .

Yes , by my work , jealousy exists and anger , too . Hatred of authority , disillusionment in life , troubled relationships and judgmental ideals working side by side among these people . How do we change all that ? I really don't know .

Every night , as I walk in the parking lot towards the building , I recite....
Lord , let every word I speak and every action I make be a reflection of you .
Sometimes , I succeed and sometimes I don't . During the week I long for the stillness of that Sunday morning where there are no angry words or actions towards each other . Instead , a peacefulness exists as the world turns , but the people in it stand still and quiet basking in the silence . . . . . until Monday morning .

What happens to us when we are at work ? I'm sure we are nothing like that at home or within our personal time . Is it because we can control our private life but not our work life ? It's almost as if we become two separate people : the one at work and the one at play .

 How do I want to change the world ? I want us to be nicer to each other . Where everyone will treat each other with love and respect . Is that so much to ask ?
Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...