Friday, October 19, 2012

Things Go Wrong

There was an old man , who confronted God about his troubled leg . He asked God if He could do something about the pain he was experiencing . God told him to place all of his troubles in a bag and bring it to Him so He could swap the old man's bag with someone else . The old man went home and placed all of his troubles in a bag and started his walk back to God . Along the way , he saw his neighbors , carrying  similiar bags . They  must be going to God with their own bag of troubles . The old man stopped and thought to himself : one neighbor had cancer , the other lost her family and the third was always in trouble with the law . He looked at his own bag and thought it wasn't as heavy of a burden as he thought . He turned around and went back home .

We all have heard one version or another of this same story . Things go wrong in life , my friends . We all have problems , we all have trials . Some of us choose the right path in dealing and others go deeper into the dark woods .

Recently , on my last doctor's visit , I found out that my cancer has come back .  As I start this new journey with an old friend , I ask for prayers for endurance and strength . I have no idea where this new chapter will lead me , but I know that as long as I follow Him , I will always end up in the right place .

Have a Blessed Week everyone .

1 comment:

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...