Friday, October 26, 2012

My Ideal Life

Waking up , I stretched lazily , not wanting to get up . Mentally reciting a list of things I needed to accomplish caused an irritating frown . Ugggh ! Time to get up ! All I wanted to do is sleep in .

Stomping around the apartment , slamming cabinets , my mood turning foul by the minute . Muttering something about not enough time for anything , doing everything myself , no one helping me . . . . . . .I find Emily staring at me from the doorway . A feeling of shame overcomes me . No need to take out my grumpiness out on her . Time to start over . I smile across the room at her . She smiles back .

As I prepared supper , I thought of the ideal life I always wanted to live . I could picture myself living in the country , sleeping in , eating whatever I wanted , crocheting my slippers , reading my devotions . . . all in perfect solitude and ease . In this ideal life , there is no rushing , no schedules or deadlines . Does such a life exist ? Yes , it's called retirement .

As much as I would love to live a secluded life , God doesn't want any of us to be alone . We are meant to live among the people . We are here to comfort and encourage each other , even though , some of us , do quite the opposite . Then why do we keep wishing for the unrealistic things in life ? Maybe , we need a dream to keep us going , to keep us getting up every morning . We need to think that maybe , one day.......

So for now , I have schedules and deadlines to meet . People I need to see and laundry to do , among other things .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...