Saturday, October 6, 2012

God Moments Of My Life Pt.3

  There are God moments that are a total surprise . You didn't spend time mulling an idea over in your head asking God to show you the way . Instead , the idea just popped on it's own as if someone placed it there suddenly . Hmmmm , I wonder who. . ..

GOD MOMENT:
                           I never planned on getting Baptized as an adult . Never felt the need for it since I was Baptized as a child . I would look at other Christians taking the plunge and considered it beautiful and moving . . . . yet  . .. . . never thought about doing it . Funny , but Baptisms were always my favorite at church . People are so emotional when they come up from the water .
                          Sitting in the second pew , with my friend Anna sitting in the first one , I listened to the Pastor speak on Baptism . It was an ordinary Sunday and my mind wasn't full of anything but the sermon at Church . After the Pastor finished speaking , he held up pamphlets in the air on Baptism . He asked ,
       " Is there anyone here ready to take the next step in their relationship with the Lord ? "
                          In that moment , folks , something came over me and I had this intense desire to make that commitment for myself as an adult . I felt this need to start living completely dedicated to Christ , not halfway but 100 % dedicated .
                         Now , in my Church , it's not the Pastor who baptizes you  but a mentor of your choosing . So , I lean over to my friend Anna and I ask her ,
 " Anna , would you baptize me ? "
                         At one of our many meetings that we will have over the coming weeks , she confided in me  : At the same time as I made that decision ,  she also made one . She has been for many years in a bad relationship and has decided to finally end it . In her prayer , at that same moment , she asked God to find something to keep her busy  with so she wouldn't think about this man  .
                        There isn't anymore I can say . To this day , I'm still amazed how that happened to both of us . She remains my very best friend and my mentor .
 Have a Blessed Week everyone .

1 comment:

  1. We share that day together LaLa, as well as Ashton, as he was also born that day!

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...