Thursday, October 18, 2012

Amidst The Solitude

Awakening to the faraway sound of children's voices , I realize I have overslept . The school bus drives away and so do the faint sounds of the children's chatter . That is the only sound . In the apartment , nothing but  silence echoes within these walls . All three of us are home ( Diamond counts ) and yet , everything is still .

Walking past Emily's room , I see her door is closed . She wants to be alone . A moment later , sipping my hot coffee , I realize how much we all need a quiet day to ourselves .

 For the rest of the day , it remains the same . Everyone is in their own corner amidst their own solitude . No company is needed but our own . No words are spoken nor any thoughts swimming about .

Being still is something we have no idea how to do . We have forgotten the simple pleasures of sitting down and enjoying one simple task . At this moment ,  that means enjoying my cup of coffee  in my pajamas .

Closing my eyes , I bask in the stillness of the day . I could feel my body relax and my mind set free of all thoughts . Thank you , Jesus , for this solitude . Looking out the window , I can see the leaves have turned their foilage to beautiful shades of browns , reds and yellows . As earth embarks on a new season , so do I . I have some news to share with you , but for now , I'ld  like to sip my  coffee amidst my solitude .

Have a Blessed Week everyone .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...