Thursday, October 4, 2012

Groundhog Day

 Name a time when you went above and beyond your job description ?

   My interview began and almost immediately , my mind snapped to attention . It's almost as if the questions were made for me . Words came flying out without hestition . I knew what to say and how to say it . It went well .
   Driving home , I kept reliving the interview  . Every question and every answer replayed in my mind over and over again . It was Groundhog Day . I have no idea how I got home .  My body went into automated state , knowing the  route taken for 17 years .
   That's how my entire day went . . . . with my mind still at that interview . . . . stuck replaying the scene Groundhog Day style .
    I went home , changed and went for my scan . Drove in the rain with morning commuters , who are so extremely aggressive on the road . Spent the whole morning there and not once did my mind waiver from that interview .
   Afterwards , I went grocery shopping and finally , upon arriving home , went to sleep . Still  . . .. . . I tossed and turned  . .. . . .
 What does quality mean to you ?
    It never stopped . It carried on until I stepped into work . I realized two things were happening here .
    First , I believe that my subconscious mind purposely swayed my thinking from a particular difficult task of taking my Petscan and the emotions concerning it .
    Secondly , I also believe that I really want the promotion and what it entails . It's important to me . After doing this job for so many years , it represents recognition . An acknowledgement of my contribution and that they appreciate it .
   Why did it stop when I walked into work ? I think it stopped because of my fellow co-workers and all their support . All night long , their well wishes kept me smiling . Most importantly , not once did I think about my cancer or that it might come back .Not once .
  Just like Bill Murray said in Groundhog Day , Why can't we redo the best day of our life ? I wonder what that would be ? Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...