Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Weekend Trip

This trip has been planned for months . Like I've said before , we do this every year for Emily's birthday . This time , my cancer , happened at the same time . We both looked at it as a sign from God to have this weekend getaway not just to celebrate her birthday , but also to spend some quiet time alone adjusting to the news .

Emily has a thing for hotels . People look at the sites and tours available , Emily wants to view all the hotels in the area . We like to book a different one each time . This hotel was alright . I liked especially the kitchenette where we could prepare our own meals . It looked almost like a one bedroom apartment . The problem : no pool and no hot tub .

We ended up on the 6th floor , which Emily loved . We had a race on who can reach our room first . She was taking the stairs and I was taking the elevator . Each of us were carrying two bags . Who do you think won ? It may seem obvious to you , but what if I told you that when the elevator opened on the 6th floor , there was  Emily breathing hard right by our door ! Stinker .

Another thing that is a tradition is the darn gym . She makes me work out on every machine there . As we were getting ready , I reached into my totebag for the gym shoes . Out came one left sandal and a right gym shoe . What in the world ....? I guess , in  rushing out the door , I grabbed the wrong shoes . They didn't even match . That didn't stop my demon coach from working me .

It felt good to get away where the phone never rang , where there was no internet or facebook . . . . just hanging out together  . Hanging out in seclusion from the everyday world .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...