Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In The Midst Of Suffering

In the midst of suffering we find JOY . Joy in the everyday things we take for granted .

The very first Bible Study I ever joined was with my girlfriend , Anna . We started our own with just the two of us . We would meet almost everyday . Our book was from the Women Of Faith series called " JOY " . Being new christians , we poured our hearts into it . We understood what JOY was and how it felt . Anna is living in Texas now . How I wish , my friend , was here with me  .

It seems , I have been searching for that JOY eversince my cancer came back the second time . Searching for it because I didn't want to have it disappear completely . I think I always knew deep down inside that this cancer would come back again and again . I needed to find it before it was too late . . . . before I never felt JOY again .

Everytime , I had a doctor appointment my heart would clench with fear . I would cancel appointments , sometimes , because if I didn't hear them say it , it couldn't possibly happen . I knew , my friends , I knew . I didn't want to face it . That's one of the reasons I cried so much last time . I basically threw a fit before God  like the child of His I am . He obviously , has some plans for me . There is no escaping this .

As I packed for my trip with Emily , I noticed that my yarn was twindling . I went through half the amount already . That's alot of yarn . I thought to myself , I don't have that much more to go before I run out . Arriving back from our weekend , I opened an e-mail from Joey .

" Mom , the radio station has two more bags of yarn for you ."

I just stared at the words , not believing what I was reading . I guess I am not done . He keeps providing for this slipper thing whether I like it or not . I picked one up and held it in my hands . It looks so ordinary , so basic , absolutely nothing grand or spectacular about this slipper . How could this simple thing mean anything to anyone ? He keeps providing . . . . . He wants me to continue . I keep crocheting . Something tells me there is JOY here somewhere . Maybe , I will find it .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .

P.S.
      I got the promotion .

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! There's a cause for celebrating!! As for the slippers, you don't see the beauty because you are looking at them all the time. But, when I looked at the picture you sent me, I thought they were beautiful. The work of your hands. There isn't much in life that's a more beautiful work of art than that, in my opinion. Offered with love. That's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea Lala, that slipper thing just won't go away...a whole box of yarn just convienently awaiting you at the estate sale last weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...