Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Fearsome Four

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I want a sober mind, 
A self-renouncing will, 
That tramples down and casts behind 
The baits of pleasing ill; 
A spirit still prepared, 
And armed with jealous care, 
Forever standing on its guard, 
And watching unto prayer. 
C. WESLEY.

Choose four things that give you the hardest time. Something that you struggle with on a daily basis. My four? My weight, my scheduling, my legs and my work. If I had to label them from hardest to easiest, how would that look? I think that would depend on what was the hardest on that particular day. I don't think it matters, a struggle is a struggle, no matter how you look at it.

Sometimes I think we set ourselves up for a fail when we walk into one of the four with a bad attitude. If we begin with a negative attitude, we end with a broken spirit. There is nothing worse than feeling horrible about who you are in life. We are unique in every way and yet, we don't celebrate that uniqueness. We criticize and shame it.

We all do it. When life is good, we feel great about ourselves. When it's sour, we list off all the negative things about ourselves like a set of dominoes in action. We spiral down into a deep, deep depression disliking ourselves.

Right now, it's the weekend and I'm at home enjoying a very quiet weekend doing what I love best, crocheting and writing. There's no one that can see what I look like, nor is there anyone here to mess with me like they do at work. My schedule can be whatever I want it to be since I have no unavoidable responsibilities and if my legs hurt, I can stop to rest. My fearsome four aren't as fearsome now all because of where I'm at and with whom. Tomorrow will be different. Tomorrow none of today applies. 

I wish I had better control of these four. I wish I could end this post with tons of advice on how to deal with it all, but I can't. All I know is that I'm a work in progress. I can only get better and not regress. What does Joyce Meyer's say? I'm not where I want to be, but I'm not where I used to be. 

HAVE A Blessed day everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...