Thursday, October 26, 2017

A Restful Weekend

                                                                Everyday is a brand new day, 
                                                                  everyday is a journey. 

Our heaven must be within ourselves,
Our home and heaven the work of faith
And thro' this race of life which shelves
Downward to death.
While over all a dome must spread,
And love shall be that dome above;
And deep foundations must be laid,
And these are love.
--Christina Rossetti.

Another weekend has gone by, a restful one. A fulfilling one. The colder it becomes, the more I want to stay in and burrow. That's my new word-burrow. I want to burrow. I was so curious why I felt so attached to this word that I had to look it up.


Burrow - Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary


www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/burrow

/ˈbɚroʊ/ plural burrows. Learner's definition of BURROW. : a hole or tunnel in the ground that an animal (such as a rabbit or fox) makes to live in or for safety

What surprised me here was the phrase for safety. Is my subconscious trying to say something? Maybe. I've considered our home to be a sanctuary and that definitely has to be safe. Emily and I are very particular on who we invite into our home. This is where we relax and let our hair down. This is our burrow.

I am particularly thankful whenever a quiet and restful weekend comes along. It seems that we have been running around visiting, meeting with our Ministries, making deliveries and participating in lectures/studies. As much as we love doing these activities, it's always nice to sit back and do things in a leisurely way. 

Emily has spent the entire weekend working, so I pretty much had the apartment to myself. Resting to me, means something entirely different than to others. I like to keep busy, but I do so in a very relaxed way. I spent my time, doing paperwork. I dealt with all these things with put off like making adjustments to our 401k or insurance, etc. I re-organized our files, wrote some stories, worked on my scripture writing and moved further along with my Bible study with Dr. Vernon McGee. 

I can't express enough how good I felt to be able to do all these things I so thoroughly enjoy. It made me reflect on the future when I will be able to do this on a regular basis. Oh, Lord, thank you so much for this peaceful weekend. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...