Sunday, October 15, 2017

Rainy Days


                                                             Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



 If my shut eyes should dare their lids to part,
  I know how they must quail beneath the blaze
  Of Thy Love's greatness. No; I dare not raise
  One prayer, to look aloft, lest it should gaze
  On such forgiveness as would break my heart.
H. S. SUTTON.


I love rainy days! One of my most memorable books I've read to my children was RAIN by Peter Spier. There were no words in this book, only illustrations of a young boy exploring his neighborhood after a good rain. Absolutely beautiful.

After a good downpour, everything looks such a lush bright green. All the flowers are standing tall as if their thirst has finally been quenched. Everything looks so alive. That's what water does for them, it brings them back to life.

In a way, that's how I feel about God. To me, nothing shows God's love and power than a good thunderstorm. Just watch a display of lightening flash across the darkened sky and one can feel the awesome strength behind it. It's also very beautiful. When it's over, everything looks so refreshed and clean. That's the love of God. He just keeps cleansing our souls, wiping it clean. 

In the last twenty-four hours, it has rained on and off. Sometimes, thunder roared and poured out it's flash flood leaving everything and everyone drenched. Another, just a gentle drizzle hovering over us. 

I love when it rains. I love hearing the pitter patter of raindrops hit the window pane and gutter. I like hearing the slush of water as cars pass by. Best of all, I love to watch the storm through my window at the beautiful and majestic display of God's power. 

Those are the best days and nights. I can sleep soundly, snuggled safely in my bed. My legs don't hurt then. It's before the rain that I have to watch out for. I lay comfortably in my favorite armchair, reading or watching my favorite show. How relaxing and thoughtful of God to provide such a quiet day. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...