Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The GP 2017

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 




What an amazing,
 what a blessed disproportion
 between the evil we do, 
and the evil we are capable of doing, 
and seem sometimes on
 the very verge of doing! 
If my soul has grown tares,
 when it was full of the seeds of nightshade,
how happy ought I to be!
And that the tares have not
 wholly strangled the wheat,
what a wonder it is! 
We ought to thank God
 daily for the sins we have not committed.
F. W. FABER

For many years, I did not actually have a General Practitioner. I mean, why should I? All my health needs were met by my Oncologist. All that changed last year when I had no choice due to my surgery. I needed a Gp and fast.

I have to admit that my experience with her has always been pleasant. I wish I could say the same about the one before her. It just proves that we need to be comfortable with our doctors. Otherwise, what is the point?

I had multiple reasons for coming to see her. It has been a year since my chemo treatment has ended and I needed my checkup, among other things. In my purse, I was carrying my application for a handicap parking. I knew she would send me for biometric screening and for labs in regard to my thyroid. Of all the appointments I may have had this year, this one I was looking forward to. I even took a day off from work so I could devote some real time here.

Honestly, I felt nervous for some reason and my nervousness reflected in my blood pressure. It was okay, but not as great as it is normally. I did have a mini meltdown on my way there as memories came flooding back from my radiation treatment. Lord, that was something else back then and obviously, I'm still not over it. 

I walked out with my handicap placard application filled out, labs all done and an appointment for a colonoscopy. Oh, such fun awaiting me! I was in and out much faster than what I anticipated. The traffic wasn't bad, either. Turned out to be a pretty good day.

Have a blessed day everyone.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...