Saturday, September 30, 2017

Trial It Out

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                         everyday is a journey.



Longing is God's fresh heavenward will,
With our poor earthly striving;
We quench it, that we may be still
Content with merely living.

A good year ago, during the Winter Season, I decided to give up television as a trial to see if I could exist without it if need be. Well, I'm happy to report I don't miss it at all. I do have to admit that I use Netflix and my computer for any viewing of movies or shows. 

Not too long ago, I found myself in a room with the television going and I couldn't take my eyes off it. I was glued to the set watching commercials! Can you believe it? I sat there as if I've never seen a television set! I noticed right away that it took me away from the conversation in the room. I didn't care what was being said. All I cared about was what that screen had to say. 

That's pretty telling, isn't it? Talk about addiction! We can become addicted to just about anything. No longer is it just drugs and alcohol. Nowadays, people have all kinds of addictions. I can see why both of my children have this rule of no electronics during dinner. It truly does distract us from one another. 

I've learned that I could do without television, but I could not do without electricity. What if the power went out? What would I do? Yes, I could crochet, but I'm a multi-tasker! I do not know how to work on one solitary thing. Same thing with writing. I haven't written any blog of mine in long hand. Everything has been done on a computer. Back to the drawing board we go. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...