Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Power Surge

                                                                                Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                                everyday is a a journey.


Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased 
at the price of chains and slavery?
 Forbid it, Almighty God. 
I know not what course others may take, 
but as for me, give me liberty or give me death. 
--Patrick Henry.

 I have written about my lethargic summer existence many times this year. For someone who prides themselves on fulfilling as many projects as possible, this is hard to admit. It just wasn't in me. 

In the Crocheting Ministry, the Fall and Winter months are the busiest. This is where we do the most in every avenue of Ministry. I don't know where this power surge came from, but suddenly, Summer was almost over and I couldn't wait to dive right in. This energy engulfed me and all I wanted was to crochet like a mad woman.

In life, that's how it works, doesn't it? We think of Summer as a time to have fun and relax. Fall is the month of gathering, storing and preparing. In Winter, we burrow deep into the darkened sky of a cold day. In Spring, we come alive once more. 

It's funny how our bodies know when to spring into action when needed. Is it instinct or survival mode? Which ever it may be, I'm ready. In the past, I have burdened my schedule with projects one couldn't possibly finish on time. I'm glad to report these are almost done. I have certainly learned my lesson in overdoing, over tasking and over everything. I am awaiting the end of the year and the coming Winter in burrowing. My weekends will solely be for consistently writing and crocheting. That's it. Let's get to it.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...