Tuesday, October 10, 2017

I Am Jonah


                                                                 Everyday  is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



 It is not that I feel less weak, but Thou
  Wilt be my strength; it is not that I see
  Less sin; but more of pardoning love with Thee,
    And all-sufficient grace. Enough! And now
  All fluttering thought is stilled; I only rest,
  And feel that Thou art near, and know that I am blest.
F. R. HAVERGAL

Remember the story of Jonah and the Whale? Most of us, think of this story as a cute children's bible story, but there is an adult theme and moral here. Jonah was asked to go out and preach to the people of Nineveh. He ran away instead of complying all because he didn't want the people of Nineveh to be saved by Christ. 


I feel like I'm guilty in that direction just like Jonah. We, as Christians, are told to go ahead and preach the Gospel to others, but I don't. Maybe I should be clearer. I may preach to the people I love and care about, but to the others, not really. It's not that I don't care for unbelievers, quite the opposite. Yet, I find myself turning away. Why?

It could be the uncertainty of a positive response. My friends will not snap at me or be disrespectful if I bring up Christ, but I cannot say of the unknown. Maybe they will laugh at me and reject me. 

Emily is totally different in that respect. She has no problem in speaking to total strangers about Jesus. She will quote the bible without caring much what others may think. If they laugh or scoff at her, she just shrugs and moves on. She has invited people to Church. I haven't even done that. 

The other day, as I lay in bed at night, I've come to the realization that I am like Jonah. For whatever reason,  I don't share the gospel and that is selfish of me. I believe I am in a Season where Christ is really working me on this subject. This has to change. I think I need to take a long hard look into my heart why I am behaving in this matter. What am I really harboring? My name is Lottie and I am Jonah.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...