Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Planting The Seed

                                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                      everyday is a journey. 



God will not seek thy race,
Nor will he ask thy birth;
Alone he will demand of thee,
What hast thou done on earth?
--Persian.

There have been many thoughts swirling around in my head. All of these having to do with planting spiritual seeds. You see, I've been rather remiss in regarding this subject. I don't go out preaching the Gospel to others. Like I said, it's been weighing heavily on my heart and I have began praying on how to go about it. 

I am not a preacher, making speeches of any kind just not my thing. I'd rather write about it. That I know I can do, but growing in being a Christian isn't about the easy, it's about extending ourselves. That's my mission, my goal. I want to plant seeds.

Lately, my mind has been on overtime, thinking of ways I can bring the Gospel to the people in my life. I've found myself passing out Bibles with inscriptions, literature, workbooks and various books from well known preachers as gifts. I have prayed each time I've done it. In my mind, I have these images of the recipients rolling their eyes as they open the packages. That Christian freak gave us a Bible!

Deep down inside, I know I cannot be thinking like that. I can't imagine their feelings, because I am not them. They could be searching for just that in their lives. The Lord placed these individuals upon my heart for a reason. And I shall continue. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...